Dreaming of long summer days and warm nights? We’ve put together a list of some of the hottest spots to catch the sunset in Mississauga. Get a head start on planning the perfect date or consider adding this idea to your 2019 summer roster!
1. Port Credit Lighthouse: nestled in the heart of Mississauga’s Lakeshore, this must-see spot features a panoramic view of the Credit River, harbour and village of Port Credit from the deck of this iconic red and white lighthouse – a true beacon to sailors, visible from up to 24 km on Lake Ontario.
2. Watersedge Park: enjoy a stroll through the grounds of Bradley Museum and Meadowwood Park to get to Watersedge Park, where you can catch the sunset along with a clear view of the Toronto skyline. While you’re at it, check out nearby Rattray Marsh as well.
3. Danville Park: for an up-close thrill, watch planes land or take off from Pearson International Airport, the busiest airport in the country, at the Airplane Viewing Platform at the park’s summit with the sunset as the backdrop.
4. BraeBen Golf Course: this course provides picturesque views from the highest land viewpoint in Mississauga. Set amongst dramatic landforms, tee-off on scenic terrain. Take in the warm summer breeze and play a round of 18 or 9-hole golf and catch the sunset at the top of the hill at the driving range.
5. Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens: revel in the beauty of one of Canada’s largest collections of rhododendrons and azaleas in this 18-acre park near the shore of Lake Ontario. Visit the floral garden and catch the sunset from the lakeshore – peak season for the floral display is May and June. Continue reading “Seven Spots to Catch the Sunset in Mississauga”