Reservations for Winterlicious will begin on January 16 at more than 200 participating Toronto restaurants. From January 31 to February 13, foodies can step up to the plate and explore Toronto’s food culture at the 18th annual Winterlicious, created by the City of Toronto.
Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made online or by telephone directly with the restaurants. Three-course prix fixe lunch menus are priced at $23, $28 and $33, and dinner is priced at $33, $43 and $53. The list of participating restaurants, and their menus, are available at http://www.toronto.ca/winterlicious.
Culinary event series
Tickets are on sale for the Winterlicious 2020 Culinary Event Series. The series includes a wide range of events, some suitable for the adventurous food explorer, others suitable for the cautious explorer. Some of the culinary events are already sold out, but there are still eight eclectic food experiences from which to choose:
• David Gibson’s Favourites: A Farmhouse Supper, Gibson House Museum on February 11
• Edible History – Taste Where Toronto All Began, St. Lawrence Market on January 31, February 2, 7, 8 and 9
• The Pleasure of Survival, Palais Royale on February 1
• Feast by the Fire, Babel on February 4
• Dinner with the Mackenzies, Mackenzie House on February 5, 12 and 13
• The Austins Entertain, Spadina Museum on February 6
• Hungry for Comfort: Surviving a Canadian Winter, Fort York National Historic Site on February 9
• Scotch Tasting Dinner, David Duncan House, February 10 and 12
More culinary event details and tickets: https://www.toronto.ca/winterlicious