CeleBrampton kicks off summer in the city on Saturday, June 9, from 11 am to 9 pm in downtown Brampton. This two-time Top 100 Festival and Event in Ontario award winner is an annual one-day community celebration that showcases Brampton’s open, friendly, diverse community and provides an opportunity for residents to learn about City initiatives and services.
Parking will be available at the four garages Downtown. Residents also have the option to travel to and from CeleBrampton with Brampton Transit for a dollar. This applies to cash fares only.
This year’s event will take place across the downtown and include the following fun, family-friendly activities:
Garden Square, 11 am – 9 pm
· Garden Square will come alive with community activities and entertainment. The Main Stage will feature all local entertainment with interactive dance classes and live music performances.
· Also included will be Paint by Number: Community Art Project on the large Muskoka chair, an interactive video booth, the popular MyBrampton sign and more!
Main Street North, 11 am – 9 pm
· Celebrating Brampton’s global flavours, 15+ vendors will line the street selling a variety of authentic cultural cuisine. Downtown businesses are also joining the fun by offering extended patios and hosting sidewalk sales.
· CARABRAM will be on stage to promote Brampton’s Multicultural Festival. This exciting showcase includes traditional dance, music and entertainment.
Queen Street East, 11 am – 4 pm
· Join the community picnic on Queen Street East and eat together with friends and family.
· Check out the big Parks vehicles such as the crane and bucket truck for another great photo opportunity with the kids.
Queen Street West, 11 am – 4 pm
· Visit participating sports organizations and take part in their activities. Brampton Beast, Brampton Minor Lacrosse, Brampton Minor Basketball, Raptors 905 and a MLS CupTrophy Tour highlight the sports activities.
Main Street South & Ken Whillans Square, 11 am – 4 pm
· Learn more about City services by visiting info booths
· Also returning this year is Recreation’s Bike Fest including the Bike Rodeo, bicycle information, prizes and fun for the whole family!
· Visit the Elections “Make Your Mark” campaign to learn more about opportunities to get involved.
The following closures will be in effect for Saturday, June 9:
10 am – 5 pm
· Queen Street from Chapel Street/Theatre Lane to George Street
· Main Street South from Queen Street to Wellington Street
10 am – 10 pm
· Main Street North from Queen Street to Nelson Street/Theatre Lane
“CeleBrampton kicks off the summer season in Brampton. People from across Ontario are invited to come out and enjoy free, fun-filled activities and connect with our residents. There are many activities to keep the whole family entertained. If you have never been to Brampton, now is a great time to come see our city and enjoy the festivities in our downtown. Hope to see you soon in Brampton!”
– Mayor Linda Jeffrey