Imagination and storybooks come to life this Victoria Day at Mississauga Celebration Square. Kids of all ages can live out their wildest dreams at this larger-than-life event for the whole family.
- story-time with CBC Kids’ Bookaboo at 12:45 and 2:15 p.m.;
- a silent dance party, where kids get to DJ using musical lego blocks and wireless headphones;
- an orchestra that will let anyone step-up to the maestro stand – performances throughout the afternoon by Euphonia, a classical, indie orchestra;
- bubble shows and a bubble station by Bubbleology on the upper square;
- roaming characters from your favourite folk and fairy tales, including Belle, Little Red Riding Hood, Little Bo Peep and Shrek;
- local authors Cary Fagan and Patricia Storms will be reading and hosting drawing workshops throughout the afternoon;
- a miniature (10’ tall) version of the international art sensation, the Big Rubber Duck, will be visiting the fountain; and
- the Kidzone, supported by Bell, will feature a host of activities, including face painting, an imaginative play zone and a playground building station.
Don’t worry about packing a lunch. There will be a delicious line-up of food trucks serving tasty treats all afternoon.